The Hair Tie Mystery and Killer Ab Workout

Every day when I get home from work it’s the same routine… let Dixie out, feed her dinner, change into workout/comfy clothes and put my hair in a ponytail. That last part is what threw me off today. I pulled my hair up and opened my bathroom drawer for a hair tie. Nothing there. Not one. So I checked my dresser, my nightstand, all of my other bathroom drawers, and my make up bag.  I finally found one in the bottom of my purse. I can’t tell you how many hair ties I have gone through in my life. Thousands? Who knows. My question is…. WHERE DO THEY GO?

I don’t understand how I buy a pack of 50 hair ties and in 3 months they have simply vanished. Not a single one in sight. And I know other people have the same problem… so there are thousands of girls buying thousands of hair ties and then they end up with zero after a few months. I simply don’t understand this mystery. Anyone who has some insight please share. Anyway, I found this genius invention on Pinterest that might solve all of my problems:

Today was a rest day, but I still took Dixie for a walk and decided to do some core work. I always change up my ab routine, and I kind of just made this up based on the ab exercises that have always worked best for me.

I did two sets of the following with no rest in between exercises but a few minutes of rest between sets.

30 second plank
30 second side plank (Left)
30 second side plank (Right)
50 bicycle crunches
10 push ups
30 second plank
30 pulse ups (“heels to heaven”)
10 push ups

Now on to more important news… Did you know today is NATIONAL PUPPY DAY??? Let’s celebrate with the absolute funniest dog video on all of YouTube. You must watch until at least 1:20 because it’s the funniest one.

We will also celebrate with a picture of Dixie, just because:

Do you fully rest on “rest days” or do you do some sort of strength/cross training?
Are you celebrating National Puppy Day!? What kind of dog do you have?

11 Responses to The Hair Tie Mystery and Killer Ab Workout

1. I lose all of my hair ties too, never to be seen again and I can’t figure it out. The caribeener is genius! I will have to try that out! They key is remembering to actually put the hair tie on it after you take it out!

2. Lee says:

I run 5 days a week and in some cases 6 days a week. Mondays are a partial rest day. I’ll usually put time in on the ARC Trainer, do core training, hip abduction, and active stretching. Now, Saturdays on the other hand are 100% total rest 🙂

3. Jessica says:

Thank you for tackling this important issue. HA! I find that no matter how many hair ties I have, they always go missing. To the point that when I see them on the ground, I am almost tempted to pick one up to collect. (Almost.)

4. Kristin @ Stamped With A Heart says:

OMG, I seriously just pinned your hair tie pic!! Yes yes yes and seriously, I lose my hair ties in like a month or less…it’s so sad. You’re right, too- where do they all go? Hmm…something to think about… 🙂
    I love your ab workout and on rest days, I do not fully rest. I usually do yoga or workout with weights at the gym.
    Dixie is just the cutest!! Adorable!! I love my doggie, Prince. He’s a cane corso (aka Italian mastiff). He is amazing! XOXO

5. Sam @ Grapefruit & Granola says:

The loss of hair ties is one of life’s greatest mysteries, And they are truly lost when you need one. When you’re not looking for one, they are laying around everywhere.

6. Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor says:

Ahhhhh yes!! I am the same way, not just with hair ties but with bobby pins! If only they could come up with a similarly genius invention for those! 🙂

I fully rest on rest days. Rest is really important to me. I always have at least one 100% rest day, sometimes even two. That apparently makes me an anomaly in the running community, but I’ve found I perform better when I’m well rested. Training is a mental game too, and if I don’t embrace and accept rest days, I’m losing the battle 🙂

• Totally agree with you! I’m afraid I’ll get injured if I don’t rest. And the bobby pins are an even bigger mystery to me. I use the blonde colored ones so they seem to be even easier to lose. Oh the struggles of being a girl!!

7. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

I usually fully rest on rest days.. but I’m trying to be more proactive and start doing some sort of cross training. and abs.!! I need to work on those suckers. Good job on your ab work 🙂 and let me know when you find out the hair tie mystery. lol

8. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself
    or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to
    find out where u got this from. many thanks