Catching Up!

Let me catch you up on life since it’s been a few days…

Thursday – 4 miles @ 8:16 pace

Friday was a rest day and I think I was asleep by 10:00. My Friday nights are so exciting. I woke up early Saturday for a long-ish run with my dad and Dixie. This was my first “long” run (more than 4 miles) since my half marathon last weekend and it felt really good.

After my run I had my first wedding dress fitting!! This was so much fun and obviously I can’t show you any pictures but it made me so excited for our wedding in September.

Saturday afternoon we got to spend some quality time with the family and my unbelievably adorable nephew, Graham.

On Sunday we went to the lake with some friends and got some much needed sun…

This weekend was crazy busy and fun and I ate about 10 million calories so I’m looking forward to a good week of running! Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!

What did you do this weekend?

22 Responses to Catching Up!

1. Looks like a fun weekend! Wedding dress shopping is so exciting:) I also ate a ton this weekend and am looking forward to getting back into my normal routine today:)

2. I want to go wedding dress shopping with you!!!

I took all of my bridesmaids with me when I first went to pick it out and ended up buying the third dress I tried on… so uneventful haha, but it was still super fun! Saturday was just the fitting but it was even more exciting to try MY actual dress on instead of the one on the rack that was 5 sizes too big.

3. Ohhh so exciting that you had your first fitting! I love that you’re going the traditional route and not letting anyone see. My coworker’s fiance just got her dress and he has already seen her in it! I was like NOOOO what are you doing?! Don’t look! haha

Oh my gosh I would be devastated if he found out! My mom was talking about it in front of him and I was like mom SHHHHHHh I don’t even want him to hear any clues about what it looks like!

Ah your weekend sounds so amazing and relaxing!! My weekend totally revolved around eating and drinking so I’m more than ready to get back into a regular routine of working out and healthy eating haha. I wish the weekend was still going on the weather is so beautiful! I hope you have a great week : ) !

5. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Wedding dress fitting – ahhhh so exciting!

6. I bet wedding dress fitting was so exciting! I’m jealous of the lovely weather it looks like you had all weekend. We had a gorgeous day on Saturday and Sunday it rained all day. That was fine by me though – my bf’s parents were in town this weekend and on Sunday we did lots of “rainy day” stuff like going antiquing, which was actually really fun!

Yippee! I was wondering how you were doing post-race! Sounds like things are ship shape. You guys are so cute, and you look pretty natural there with that baby, Maddie! He’s a cutie. We had our holiday Monday last week so it was a pretty normal weekend around here for us. Glad you guys had fun.

Thanks! He’s such a great baby but I like giving him back to his parents when he poops and cries 🙂

8. Yay for wedding dress fitting, that is so exciting!!! I also feel like I ate a ton this weekend. I’m headed to the Farmer’s market later today to get some fresh produce and get back on track!

9. How exciting about the dress fitting! The dress was one of my favorite parts about wedding planning and I get so excited to see friends’ wedding dresses. I definitely ate way too much this weekend, but at least we were active most of the weekend so it didn’t feel too awful. Dixie looks so happy after her run with you, she’s so cute!

10. awe how exciting.!! you’re going to look so beautiful in a wedding dress.! 🙂
    your little nephew is a cutie. Glad you had a good weekend.!
    Mine was way too short and sucked that I got sick.. but I’m glad it’s a new week 🙂

11. I know what you mean! I ate so much yesterday, I woke up this morning still full! Eesh. Thank god I can run again 😉 Looks like you had a great weekend! I’m jealous of your weather, we didn’t even hit 50* this weekend!

12. I’m so guilty of going to bed early on Friday night. After a long week at work what’s better?!

I’m excited to see the wedding dress on you in wedding pictures – how exciting!! Looks like you had a blast (and had some great runs!). I ate a bajillion calories on Sunday too and I sure felt my extra weight the next few days – LOL

14. How exciting that you had your dress fitting! I kept mine a secret too. At first my husband tried to give me an idea of what look he liked in wedding dresses but I went against his opinions completely lol…It worked out though because realistically he had no idea what he really liked and ended up loving my dress.

15. Your nephew is SO adorable. I am all about babies right now, for obvious reasons. Would you believe me if I told you I have been around babies (0-12months age) for maybe 24 hours in my entire life. I completely freeze up around them and don’t know what to do. Hopefully my “motherly” instincts will kick in when I have my own. 🙂

Looks like you had a great weekend at the lake!