Training is officially complete!

Well, Dixie and I finished up our half marathon training last night with a quick little 3 miler. I’m so thankful for my sweet little training partner!

After we finished running, I was getting ready to take a nice big gulp of my ice cold water, but “my sweet little training partner” beat me to it…. and then proceeded to drink the whole cup and get it everywhere. My thirst can wait.

I’m looking forward to two full days of rest and lots of carbs! I need some Saturday night meal ideas. I don’t want to feel full on race morning, but I want to make sure I have lots of energy.

Thanks to everyone to asked to be added to Hanna’s 2015 Fall Marathon Blog Roll. You are officially on the list! There are even a few people that are running the same races, so we hope this helps get everyone connected. If you are on the list, please share the link in your blog!

Hope everyone has a great weekend… good luck to everyone that is racing!! Can’t wait to read your recaps next week.

What is your favorite pre-race meal??

20 Responses to Training is officially complete!

1. Congrats! I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to stalk your race results to see how you did…errr…I mean….wait for the recap of course 😛

You got this! I know you’re going to do so well. Just remember you only get one first half, so soak it all in and have a GREAT time! It’s going to be hot at my race too, so we can be sisters in heat misery.

I’m so excited about the blog roll! I’ve already started introducing myself to all the new people! I can’t wait to make lots of new friends 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing!!

Yay!! So excited for your first race! I’ll be sending you lots of positive vibes!! My favorite pre-race meal is a garden salad, no dressing, and a small plate of multi-grain penne and sautéed garlic and broccoli. Works every time (knock on wood!). Good luck!!!

mmmm that sounds perfect! Although I don’t think I could eat a salad without dressing… so mine would be covered in ranch. And my penne would be smothered in butter

3. Yay! You made it!!! Have so much fun – you’re going to do great!

This is kind of weird, but my favorite pre-race meal is chicken noodle soup with lots of crackers 🙂 I prefer wheat townhouse crackers, but anything will do.

I can’t wait to hear about how it goes. Oh, and thanks for adding me to the Fall Marathon Blog Roll! I’ll share the link in my next blog 🙂

K, don’t eat ANY vegetables. And don’t stuff yourself full of pasta or anything because really? What goes in must come out, and so many people pig out the night before and then end up pooping all morning long. You really don’t even need to eat much. Just eat what you’d normally eat except no fruit or veggies the day before the race. Salty crackers and lots of water, and yeah. I hope that helps. I’m super excited for you!

5. Woooo, congrats of finishing training! I know you’ll rock your race.

I wear by sushi pre-race, but red meat is also great fuel for a half.

6. Yay! good luck this weekend! You’re going to do great, and remember HAVE FUN!

Pre-race is always always peanut butter toast and banana. Solid!

7. Scooter says:

Just discovered your blog. Love it!! And love Dixie too 🙂 Good luck in your half this weekend, you’ll do great! Looking forward to a race recap and following along with you in your future training and racing endeavours!

8. Congrats and good luck! Deep breaths! English muffin, pb, jam, banana, z bar.

9. Haha! She is just too cute! I guess next time you will just need to bring two waters.

Before a long run or race, I like pizza or pasta.

And thanks for introducing me to the Blog Roll. I’m excited to be on the list and am looking forward to connecting with everyone and keeping up with everyone’s training. There are two of us on the list doing Route 66. 🙂

Good luck with your race!
    I’ve learned that I run better on less food before a race. It’s usually a burger of some sort, most often lettuce wrapped.

Good luck on your race! I am sure you’re going to rock it.

I don’t eat much before a race because I hate running while full. I usually eat a lara bar or luna bar and a banana. The night before I’ll eat some pasta or rice, but I’m like a carbitarian, so that’s nothing unusual for me.

12. Jason says:

Super cute pics – Dixie is the best!!

I like to keep it simple before a race – usually a Cliff Bar or something like that. And a little coffee. That’s about it! I can’t wait to hear about the race!! 🙂

13. Jason says:

Oh! And for the night before, I’ll also try and keep it simple. Maybe a very basic pizza or a little bit of pasta. Yay! Woo hoo! Good luck!

14. Polly says:

Good luck on your first race!!! So exciting!!!!

Your dog is too cute!!! Such a great running partner!

Night before a race I usually eat a sweet potato and grilled chicken, have always done this and scared to do anything else…. I am a creature of routine and stick to what always works! 🙂

15. I’m so happy for you for completing your training! Race day is so soon! You will do well, I know it. Thanks for passing on the info about the marathon blog roll, I think it’s an awesome idea and am glad to be part of it. Good luck on race day!

16. Can’t wait to hear how you did! I hope it went well!