Training Research and Things I’m Excited About

Last night’s workout was 6 miles on the treadmill at 9:00 pace while catching up on the Bachelorette. I hate that I watch such a ridiculous show, but I think I’m addicted to how awkward and uncomfortable it is. Also, I really like Kaitlyn and I feel like she’s a pretty normal girl.

Dixie was not happy that I chose the treadmill, but it was so hot after work and I knew I would probably cut my run short if I tried to do it outside. When I got home she decided to take all of her belongings out of her basket and then chew on her bed instead of the toys.

Thanks for all of your marathon training plan suggestions last week. I’m doing some research before decide how I want to train…. to be continued!

Well, I don’t have much else to fill you in on so I’m just going to tell you five things I’m really excited about:

1. I have a super fun giveaway for you guys next week that you are going to LOVE.

2. I’ve found a lot of new blogs I’m obsessed thanks to Hanna’s Fall Marathon Blog Roll and can’t wait to follow everyone’s training for their fall races.

3. I’m going on vacation in TEN days!!! Outer Banks, here I come.

4. We’re getting our new couch delivered this weekend. This will our first grown up couch that is nice and new and leather and reclines and I can’t wait to lay all over it.

5. It’s already Wednesday! I love short work weeks Smile

Do you watch the Bachelorette? Who are you pulling for? I love Shawn.

What are you excited about right now?

27 Responses to Training Research and Things I’m Excited About

1. Lots of great things to be excited about! My parents are going to the outer banks in a few weeks too. Ive actually never been there! Also, I loved getting new couches. We put our old one in the basement and I sat on it the other day and it feels so stiff and uncomfortable compared to our new ones!

• The outer banks is the BEST. It’s sad how excited I am about the couch, but we both have had hand me down couches all through college that have lasted us until now, so it’s really exciting to finally get something nice and new!

2. YAY congrats on the new couch! It’s going to be there for you like a best friend after your long runs during marathon training 🙂

3. Blog Roll high five! Thanks for sharing again! If you’re doing a fall marathon and you’re not on the blog roll yet, get your butt on it ASAP! I’m just kidding. Only do it if you want to, of course 🙂

That’s exciting about the new couch! We desperately need one.

Ohhhh I remember training plan research! It doesn’t end after your first, though. I’m starting to look at training for marathon #3 and I’m doing more research than ever. Cause after you try one method you’re like, now I need to see if there’s something else that works BETTER….I think it will just take a while to figure out what’s *best*.

Everyone is so different so I know it will take a while to figure out what fits best for me. I love hearing advice from so many different runners though!

I think I’m the only 20 something woman who does not watch the Bachelorette or the Bachelor. Just never really got into it.? I’m excited for beach weather finally being here! I need to work on my summer tan!! And good luck with your training plan! I’m sure you will be able to figure out the best way to absolutely CRUSH IT this fall! Hope you have a great day!!

Don’t worry you aren’t missing anything and you are probably spending those two hours every week doing something much more productive!! I totally agree with the weather/tan situation. I can’t wait to get dark!!

5. I guiltily love the Bachelorette/Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise. It’s such a trainwreck and makes for excellent TV! I watched Monday’s while doing a strength workout yesterday 😉 I can’t remember his name, but I like the Ryan Gosling look-a-like guy.

Good luck picking out your marathon training plan! I used the free coach from Runner’s World for my first marathon and really liked it. For all my other one’s I kind of went off that general idea, but changed it to find what really worked for me. Just remember-it’s all flexible! Make sure you’re still listening to your body! So exciting!

Shawn kind of looks like Ryan Gosling, so maybe that’s who you are thinking of! He wasn’t in the second episode much but she really liked him week 1.

Awe, Dixie is so cute when she’s having a pout. I don’t watch TV. Crazy, hey? Like, zero. It’s not an ethical thing (you should know by now I have no shame) but more of a time thing. I can’t fit all that I do in a day and watch TV too. Actually, I started watching Netflix from time to time when I’m on my treadmill but that’s about it. I’m excited for your marathon training!

That’s awesome that you don’t watch TV… I don’t think I could live without it, but if I was chasing all those kids around and running as much as you do I can’t imagine having any free time for all of the nonsense that I watch. Thomas tells me I’m rotting my brain with all of the trash I watch 🙂

7. I need to start watching that show again. I’m so out of the loop! I’m excited for June 10th because I’m a high school teacher and that’s when I am done with work for the summer! I can’t WAIT!

That is so exciting! I would love to have summers off… but you deserve it for dealing with those kids every day 🙂

8. I’m pretty sure I’m one of the few 20-something women who’s never seen a single episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette. Yay for so much marathon training reading! I just finished reading Hansons and really enjoyed the depth of information in it.
    I spy toy fluff in by Dixie’s bed…Charlie also loves to mutilate his toys. Dogs are so weird!

Don’t worry, you aren’t missing anything. It’s so time consuming and totally not worth it, haha. And yes Dixie loves to pull stuffing out of toys… I always restuff them when she’s done to keep her busy 🙂

9. I am still researching training plans for a full marathon too! I can’t decide on any one in particular yet. But I need to buckle down…I know that indecision is often my way to avoid things and the full I plan to do is in September!!!
    10 days until vacation?! So exciting!!! I’ve never been to the Outer Banks.

Can’t wait to see what you choose! The Hansons book is really really interesting so far. I’ll be sure to post a full review when I’m done with it!

10. Polly says:

I don’t actually watch too much TV, however, I have watched every season of dancing with the stars! Love that show… and I can’t say why I like it so much!

What am I excited about? I am excited about getting back to running! I have had a bum foot and out for 4 weeks…. I have one more week to go! Praying it gets completely healed and I will be release by the doctor!!!! I have been filling my time with spinning and other low impact work outs, but i miss running…..

11. I’m obsessed with the bachelorette lately also. darn.! but I can’t help it. I don’t remember their names.. but I really like the tall blond guy.?and the dentist. I think he’s cute in a nerdy way. haha
    congrats on the new couch and going on a vacation soon.! both sound awesome 🙂

I like the dentist too! They call him cupcake 🙂 I think the tall blonde you are thinking of is Shawn, he’s my favorite!!

12. I used to watch the Bachelor and Bachelorette shows but I just can’t do it anymore! They are getting more and more ridiculous but I can see how people get caught up in the shows. I remember researching training plans for my marathon last fall. I think I ended using 3 different training plans I found and putting them together to meet my needs. I can’t wait to hear what training plan you decide to follow!

Dixie is so cute, I just want to squeeze her!
    Vacation is always awesome to look forward too 🙂
    I will be excited to follow your training, maybe one of these days I will join you.
    All work weeks should be four days weeks 😉

14. Cheryl says:

I am excited that school is almost out–perhaps even more excited than the kids!
    Getting new furniture is exciting! I have to start filling out my marathon training plan too!

15. I love the Bachelorette too! It’s my guilty pleasure. This past winter I would watch the episodes online while riding on my bike trainer in the garage. It was great motivation to do my workout so that I could watch it. I haven’t watched the first 2 episodes yet and am totally bummed that I know who was picked to be the Bachelorette because the most recent episode is online…oh well I will still watch!

16. I do watch the Bachelorette.I kind of hate to admit that. I like Shaun. I am NOT excited about Nick’s return. Was not a fan of him on Andi’s season and not a fan now. I was disappointed (though not surprised) that Chris and Whitney broke up!

I am excited that it’s almost Friday!! Have a great weekend!!

17. We just bought a bunch of new furniture, so I can completely relate to the excitement you are feeling. Love your new couch and apparently Dixie does too! 🙂

That is so exciting that you are gearing up to train for a full marathon. There are a lot of resources out there, and it can be a bit overwhelming, so you just have to choose the plan that will work best for you. Training for your first full marathon is such an exciting experience – can’t wait to follow along!

The Bachelorette –> I really like Kaitlin and a handful of the guys. Lots of drama this season for sure and it looks like next week is only going to get juicier with the arrival of Nick!