Dixie Update and her PAWPACK!

A lot of you know that Dixie had an incident during her kennel stay a few weeks ago and had to have some stitches for a few bite wounds from another dog. Her wounds have almost completely healed, and pretty soon she will be able to run with her mom again!

Dixie is pretty much back to her normal self – happy and VERY energetic. On Tuesday she received a very special delivery…. her very first PAWPACK! She took the box right out of my hands and instantly tried to open it. This dog’s sense of smell is something else.

Pawpack is a subscription service for your dog or cat that delivers healthy, all natural goodies to your front door once a month. Dixie has food allergies, so I was so excited to find a service that offered a 100% allergy guarantee and provides only grain-free, all natural treats! Even if your pet doesn’t have allergies that you know of, they will love the treats included in the Pawpack. Dixie went absolutely crazy for everything in this month’s box.

In the Pawpack there were TWO squeaky toys – an ice cream cone and an octopus water toy, Moo Moo’s Chicken Jerky, Bear Crunch natural grain-free treats, a Whimzees alligator dog chew, and Sojos dog food. Dixie is a VERY satisfied customer. She wouldn’t stop barking at me because she didn’t understand why I was taking pictures of her instead of letting her dig in…

FullSizeRender (81)One of the toys was a super cute squeaky octopus that was actually a floating water fetch toy, which would be great for a dog that actually liked swimming, but was equally enjoyable for my princess. She demolished the octopus and squeaky ice cream cone, but that is nothing new. Dixie believes squeakers are evil and must be surgically removed INSTANTLY. That is her way of playing so we just let her do it. Sometimes I gather the stuffing and push it back inside the toy just so she can de-fluff it again.

I’m really excited to make the Sojos dog food and see how Dixie likes it. It is a packet of dry mix of freeze-dried meat and veggies with no GMO’s, fillers, preservatives or artificial colors. You simply mix with water and it turns into a gourmet meal for your pup. We’re saving it for a special occasion. I’m glad someone is this house is eating healthy.

If you’re interested in Pawpack, check out their website for more information. They have Pawpacks for all you cat lovers out there too!!

Now that you are all up to date on Dixie’s life, I suppose I can let you know what I’ve been up to. It’s still 500 degrees here, so I’ve been on the treadmill this week. I did 4 miles Tuesday @ 8:25/mi and 5 miles Wednesday at 8:30/mi pace while watching Orange is the New Black. I’m really really sad that I’m almost done with season 3 and will have to wait another year for more episodes, but I’m trying to enjoy it while it lasts!

Also, I had to share this Aldi find with you guys. I think this whole thing of Gelato was $2.99 and I really enjoy walking around my house in my slippers while I eat it straight out of the container. Have a great Thursday!!

Do you use any monthly subscription services? (Dollar shave club for Thomas & Stitch Fix for me – love them both!)

Any Orange is the New Black Fans?? How far along are you with Season 3? NO SPOILERS PLEASE 🙂

27 Responses to Dixie Update and her PAWPACK!

1. Aw, I”m glad that she is recovering in style. NOW FACE PLANT INTO GELATO

That gelato…. I need that!!! And Dixie is so adorable! I’m glad she’s doing better!!

Dixie… is SO CUUUUTE! What a sweetheart. That face. The ice cream looks killer. I’d eat all the chocolate bits on top and then put it back in the freezer. I started watching Orange is the New Black but I got to the part where the crazy lady pees on the floor in one of the cells and I felt all uncomfortable and disturbed and I couldn’t watch it anymore. Which is weird, because I can usually handle bodily functions but for some reason, I got put off. Maybe I’ll try and stick it out and finish the (first) season.

I totally wanted to eat all of the little chocolate shavings on top, but I felt bad because Thomas hasn’t even gotten to try it yet. I should have just done it anyway and he would have never known they were even there…

OITNB is definitely is really weird/gross at times, but I love it. Sometimes I feel awkward watching naked ladies running around when there are people on either side of me on the treadmill.. Hopefully they are minding their own business. The first season was a little slow but the second and third seasons are much better!

4. Gelato at Aldi–I have ventured in our local Aldi store once to see what it was like and have not gone back, but this gelato find may be my second go at it! Thanks for sharing 🙂

I’ll admit I was afraid of Aldi at first… I was confused because I didn’t understand how to get a cart and always forgot my bags and couldn’t find anything once I got in there. BUT now I loooove that place. They have come a long way with their selection and have the most amazing prices, which makes it worth it!

5. Jason says:

That is hilarious – she is so cute!! She looks so happy 🙂

I’ve watched five episodes of Season 3 – it’s my #1 show right now. It’s definitely entertaining! (I grew up 5 minutes from the prison it is based on, so it’s a little extra entertaining LOL)

That is so funny! I really want to read the book that inspired the show, but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

6. Glad she’s feeling better! We talked about doing something for Rudy, but the dog doesn’t play. He’ll chew bones on occasion but anything fluffy he has no interest in! That dog is weird.

That gelato looks amazing!

Ha, that’s a GOOD thing he doesn’t like to chew stuff up 🙂 It took Dixie a little while to figure out the difference between a shoe and a chew toy!

7. I’m so glad Dixie is doing well! All my dogs have always ripped he innards and squeakers out of their toys, too! Then they carry around the flat, sad toy for weeks until we finally replace it lol.

Dixie does that too! I’m like, sorry but I’m not buying you another toy because they only last 5 seconds. That’s why i just restuff them all the time but she only wants the squeakers!

8. OMG Dixie’s happy face is too precious in those photos!! Charlie would love Pawpack, but then I would spend the next week cleaning up all the squeakers and toy stuffing innards. Charlie now only has his bones and a bunch of flat toys.

9. That green toy is soooo cute! Glad Dixie is back to her normal self!

Our family dog always tore apart her squeaky toys. Once she got the squeaker out she would just chew on that. Too bad they don’t just sell those, we could have just bought those for her and saved all the stuffing! LOL

I just need like a huge pack of 100 squeakers so I can keep putting them back inside her flat toys. Genius!

10. Michelle says:

Awh so glad she is ok!!!! I haven’t tried any monthly subscriptions, yet, but hope to sometime!

Since I’m a little behind, I’m sorry to hear about Dixie’s injury :'( But very glad to hear she is doing good now. And what a treat for her to get some goodies in the mail! I had no idea there were services like that for pets but it’s a cool idea 😀

I started watching the new season of Orange is the New Black before leaving for my marathon, but this weekend I need to finish it since I’ll finally have time to veg out! I didn’t have much of a vacation since my trip was mostly for visiting family so I have so much to catch up on. Hope you have a great weekend, Maddie!!!

P.S. I wish the heat would go away!!!

12. Dixie is so cute! Her bounciness comes across in the pics. Glad to hear she is doing better!

13. I fully admit I finished season 3 of OITNB last weekend! Now I’m catching up on the Scandal episodes I missed this season that just released 🙂

14. Dixie is seriously the cutest. It seems like you have similar personalities. ☺ I use Stitch Fix but have only received one fix during my pregnancy (I prefer NOT to spend money on maternity clothes). I can’t wait to get my body back and begin using their service again.

My husband and I are on Episode 7 of Season 3 OITNB. I won’t say a word!

Gelato = Heaven

15. Jason says:

Great news – I nominated you for a Starlight Blogger Award – all the cool kids are doing it: http://mustlovejogs.com/2015/07/14/starlight-blogger-award/