Unreal Heat and Wedding Planning Festivities

Thanks so much for all of your awesome advice and comments on my last post! It makes it a lot easier to think about taking on a marathon when I have all of you to consult on a daily basis. I know every runner is different, but it is beyond helpful to hear all of the different perspectives and experiences. So thanks for being awesome 🙂

It has been HOT here in NC. Like, REALLY, REALLY HOT. It has been in the high 90’s every day this week, so I’ve been spending my time on the treadmill.

Tuesday I did an easy 6 miles @ 9:10 pace and Thursday I did 4 miles @ 9:00 pace. I loooove this pace. I know it’s slow but I don’t breathe hard and nothing hurts and I can just watch Orange is the New Black in peace without huffing and puffing. Once training starts I’ll start throwing in some tempo runs, but 8:40-9:20 is my jam right now.

Thursday was an off day because we had our food tasting for our wedding after work. This might be my favorite part of wedding planning so far. I didn’t take pictures of everything, but it was all amazing and delicious. We had free beer, sampled hors d’oeuvres, bread, salad, a vegetarian dish and two main dishes. They gave us really small portions so we wouldn’t explode. I honestly would have eaten every bite so I’m really glad they forced us to eat smaller plates. It was all SO good and we were very very full when we left.

Now I’m really looking forward to cake tasting! It’s hard to believe how fast time has flown by since we got engaged last September. I hate how fast time is moving but at the same time I can’t wait until our wedding day (79 days!!!!). I really am a lucky girl to be marrying my best friend.

jodigrayphoto (74 of 76) (426x640)

Sorry for the mushy-ness, I’m just suuuuuper excited.

Good luck to Hanna, Michelle, Allison, and Charissa who are all running Grandma’s marathon tomorrow!! I’ve loved reading your blogs and can’t wait to see how you guys do!

If you’re married, what was your favorite part of wedding planning?

What are you wedding cake flavor preferences!?

18 Responses to Unreal Heat and Wedding Planning Festivities

1. It is ridiculously hot in SC too, treadmill is definitely the way to go! Our tasting was by far our favorite thing, it is so much fun making the menu and tasting all the options! Cake tasting is fun too–advice that we got was to pick cake that you enjoy as other people will probably too (don’t worry about what you think other people will like). So excited for you 🙂

2. We did a pretty fantastic tasting–our caterers also did our cake, flowers and decor. It was a lot all at once! But it worked, because we only had one chance to do it, really! I truly loved all the part of wedding planning that had to do with design and things like that. From the decor to the dress. I just had fun with it!
    AND DON”T FORGET TO SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS

I’ve loved everything so far too.. designed and decorating everything has been SOOO much fun.

I emailed it to you Wednesday night and last night… did you still not get it!? If not let me know and I’ll send you a message on FB or Twitter.

So exciting! Wanna know a little secret? Andrew and I aren’t legally married… yet. We’re getting married on a secret date in July and not telling our family when it is because it’s just going to be us. We did a ring ceremony a couple of years ago, but we are ready to take this step now. Too bad we aren’t doing food/drinks because I could really have a lot of fun testing out all the goodies! You have such a good attitude about it all. I love how chill and glowy you are about getting married. A lot of people freak out and let the stress of it all kill their joy. You’re such a great person, Maddie! Thomas is a lucky guy.

WHAT!? I totally thought you guys were married!! I love that you are doing it that way.. it just seems like “you” and you are doing it for yourselves instead of trying to please anyone else. That’s going to be so special… just promise you will post a picture or SOMETHING afterwards 🙂

I love GOING to weddings as I’m not married yet. And I’m all about red velvet. Totally underrated. : ) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

I looooooove going to weddings. It’s weird going to weddings when you are engaged because you pay attention to EVERY SINGLE detail. Before I would have never noticed centerpieces or table linens but now I pay attention to everything!

5. You two are such a cute couple.!! I can’t wait to see wedding pics. You’re going to look so gorgeous.!
    and yesss major good luck to all the lovely ladies who are running Grandma’s Marathon.!! 🙂
    My husband and I didn’t do a big wedding. We just had someone marry us with his grandparents as our witness.

6. I think the food and cake tastings were the best part of wedding planning for me haha.

I feel you on the heat…90s with 90% humidity daily. Blah! I’m ready for fall haha.

7. Cake tasting was my favorite part of wedding planning! We had a bakery make a cake for us, so there was that tasting, but then I baked cupcakes to serve all our guests, so we also had trial bakings and tastings for those.
    I’m so excited for you and Thomas! The wedding is fun, but marriage is even better!

8. I remember planning my wedding like it was yesterday (it’s now been almost 3 years). 🙂 Those were some of the best moments of my life. My favorite part was planning the events and celebrations leading to the big day. We did a progressive wedding and hosted several get-togethers and events in the days leading up to the actual wedding. We rented out a huge resort and wanted all of our family and friends to get to know each other before the actual wedding day. It was pretty special.

We didn’t do any food tasting, but did a lot of cake/cupcake tasting. We ended up going with cupcakes (and a small cake for Justin and I) so that we could have several different flavors and varieties. Enjoy the tasting!

9:00-9:30 miles is not slow! I run with a lot of BQ runners and most of them do their long runs and easy weekday runs at a 9:15-9:30 pace. It’s usually suggested to run 1 to 2 minutes slower than race pace unless it’s a speed/tempo session to avoid injury and burn out. I take full advantage of that and enjoy doing my regular runs nice and slow.

10. You are too cute! I’m single and don’t plan on getting married, so I’m going to live that vicariously through you. 😉

I think food and cake tastings sound like the most fun part of wedding planning!

And, I totally feel your pain on the hot temps front. Tampa has been stupid hot this year! It’s going to make for a long long summer.

11. 79 days!!! So exciting!! We just booked our venue last Friday so we get to take a bit of a break since we have a year and 2 months…not that I’m counting. I’m so excited to get to the point you are at. It sounds like wedding planning has been going smoothly for you. I totally prefer white/yellow/vanilla cake.

Aww, what a great mushy photo 🙂 really captures your love.