Weekend Recap (a little late) & Wireless Headphones

Yesterday I didn’t want to accept the fact that it was actually Monday so I’m writing my weekend recap post on Tuesday….

Friday night I did 4 mi on the treadmill @ 8:40 pace. I usually don’t run on Fridays, but we didn’t have any plans so we just decided to spend our Friday night at the gym. For dinner I made spinach artichoke ravioli (recipe from The Cooking Jar).

On Saturday morning I refused to run on the treadmill, so I woke up way too early and headed to the lake for a run. I forgot my headphones and was running by myself, so I knew it was not going to be fun. Thankfully after about 2.5 miles I ran into my dad and Kara (another way faster than me running friend) and finished up with them. I ended up with a slow 7 miles @ 9:07 pace. I felt like I was running wayyyyy faster, but I guess that’s what the heat does to you.

On Saturday we went to visit with Thomas’s parents since we weren’t going to be able to see them on Father’s Day and went to his dad’s jewelry store to pick out Thomas’s wedding band. Saturday night we met up with Sarah, Stephanie and her husband Scott for dinner.

…and then Sarah, Thomas and I decided to go out for the night to meet up with some other friends.

On Sunday we went over to my parent’s house to see my dad for Father’s Day. My brothers and I got him some Jaybird Bluebud X Wireless headphones for running. I’m interested to see how he likes them because I’ve been wanting a pair myself, but I’m soooo particular about how my running headphones fit my ears and I’ve only ever been able to keep Skull Candy headphones in my ears while I run.

Monday night was a rest day. We met up with Dara and Matt, our good friends who were with us the night we got engaged. We actually went back to the same restaurant where it all happened!

Running Recap, 6/15-6/21

Monday – Rest
Tuesday – 6 miles @ 9:10/mi on the treadmill
Wednesday – 4 miles @ 9:00/mi on the treadmill
Thursday – Rest
Friday – 4 miles @ 8:40/mi on the treadmill
Saturday – 7 miles @ 9:07/mi at the lake
Sunday – Rest

Total: 21 miles

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!!! Enjoy your cooler weather if you aren’t part of this heat wave:

Do you use wireless headphones when you run? What brand do you use?

30 Responses to Weekend Recap (a little late) & Wireless Headphones

1. Looks like a fun weekend!! I use Yurbuds headphones when I run–they aren’t wireless, but they actually fit my ears (for small ears). I would love if they made them wireless 🙂

2. Jason says:

Looks like a fun weekend!! I can never find headphones I like 🙁 I don’t have a wireless pair – and I had a pair I thought I liked, but I don’t like them as much anymore. The struggle is real :/

It’s tough!! Some fall right out of my ears but Skull Candy is the only brand I can run with. They are only $30 too!

Oh, I’m curious to know how your dad likes those headphones! I often accidentally grab my iPhone headphones instead of my iPod ones, and the mic is starting to get saturated with sweat to the point that it now barely works. Oooooopsie doodles! I have to hold the mic part up to my mouth while I drive and yell into it like a walkie-talkie.

I have to use “sport” headphones that are water resistant because I sweat like a man. I just pictured you screaming into your headphones in the car hahaha 🙂

4. Oh my goodness those temps….GROSS!

Mad props to you for getting up early on Saturday for your long run. I actually did that all last summer, and I found it surprisingly easy (I even did one at like 4:30 once!). I think it’s because it helped knowing I didn’t have a full day of work ahead of me and I could tell myself that I could take a nap when I was done if I wanted, lol.

I should probably invest in better headphones for my long runs…I just get whatever ear buds are reasonably priced at Target and they work fine until they won’t stay in my ears because I’m sweating too much.

4:30!?!? That will never happen. But I did wake up at 6, only because Dixie had to pee and then I figured it wouldn’t be worth it to go back to bed for less than an hour. I haaaaaate morning running.

5. I really want a pair of wireless headphones, but they just aren’t in the budget right now. Stupid budgets!! 🙂 I also have issues with headphones staying in my ears (I think from sweating too), so I often have to wear those ones that wrap around your ears. I have a pair of Phillips headphones right now…bright pink of course. I wish they were wireless though because they always get caught on something when I run and get yanked out of my ear…

They are definitely expensive!! I would buy a pair with a warranty because I always end up replacing headphones after a few months because one ear stops working or something.

Yay for a great week of running! Running in that heat is NO JOKE. As much as I love summer I do not love the humidity! Sounds like you had such a fun weekend : ) I do not run with wireless headphones but have been thinking about it for a while… I’m interested to see what your dad thinks! Definitely keep us posted : )

7. I’ve never used wireless headphones. Do they work well? I’d be afraid of them falling out of my ears!

Your weather looks a lot like the weather we are expecting this week. It is supposed to be 103 degrees here over the weekend. I was supposed to do a 10K but it’s probably not the best decision… oh well, there will be others.

I’ll ask my dad for an update on how they work after he’s been using them for a few weeks. They actually come with these little attachments that hook to the inside of your ear, which is pretty cool. I’ve never seen that before.

8. We just had our first 100+ degree days last weekend. Is it bad that I’m ready for fall already?? I’ll be interested to know what your dad thinks of the headphones! I have Jabra wireless headphones and really like them!

9. I’m interested to hear what the verdict is on the headphones! I’ve never used wireless headphones, but I’ve seriously debated purchasing some after getting all wrapped up in headphones during my last race. I will probably end up running Portland without music, though, but wireless headphones would still be great for doing yoga videos or weight lifting at the gym.

That’s another reason I’d like some… you can easily pull them out during a race without worrying about getting all tangled. I don’t like to use music for full races, but there are some points where I need a few songs to distract me!

I am stuck in the heat wave with you. It has been so stagnant here too, we have a lack of breezes except for storm night and the humidity came right back the next day,…booo.
    I have wireless headphones that are discontinued , they are old Rocketfish brand and I love them. I do not run w/o music especially when it’s this challenging out. I need the distraction 🙂

I’d love a storm right about now!! My grass is dying and I feel like it would just cool everything down at least for a few hours.

11. I love the amount of defiance in this post. Like you just weren’t having it lol.

12. I’ve heard good things about those headphones but I’ve never tried them. I don’t run with headphones but I was always really particular about which ones fit comfortably and stayed in. I think if they are functional then they would be a great investment!

13. I agree about the heat slowing you down! I feel like I’m running through molasses sometimes and it’s torture. I’ve been freezing a little water bottle and carrying that with me on my runs and it has made a difference! Worth a try

14. I have the bluebuds x too! I really like them, though I only use them for races and really long runs these days. They stay put better than other headphones I’ve tried and the sound is great. I think we’re all fighting the heat, hang in there!

Heat and thunderstorms? Yikes! I really want a pair of wireless headphones but same problem. I can’t find any that I think would fit in my ears. I saw a pair of yurbuds that might work once but they were expensive. Sounds like a great weekend!

16. Salt says:

Great week of workouts and it sounds like a fun weekend! I’ve been wanting to try wireless headphones for quite some time. I always run my wire up under my shirt and it annoys me after a few miles.

17. You are so pretty girl.! all dressed up and ready to hit the town. lol
    I’ve heard great things about those Jaybird Bluebud X Wireless headphones, great gift idea from you guys.!! 🙂 I’ve been thinking about investing into some, but I can’t justify it yet because I really don’t mind the cords, plus not a lot of headphones fit my ears either.!

18. I use Jaybirds X headphones…at first I HATED them. I have a small head and it was hard to find a perfect fit. But once I figured out what worked for me, I LOVE them! I’ll never go back to normal headphones.

19. Ohmigosh girl! Good luck with your quest for headphones. Before I started training for my first marathon, I knew I needed to find the *right* pair because I have weird/small/adorable ears. 😉

I tried EVERYTHING- Yurbuds, Jaybird, and even a Sony wireless MP3 set! And after wasting about 400 bucks combined I gave up and did my training (and marathon) sans music. It actually didn’t take long to get used to it.