Bachelorette Weekend in Savannah!

Let me just go ahead and tell you this post is 100% not about running. I took four days off so I could enjoy one of the most amazing weekends I’ve ever had with all of my closest girlfriends in Savannah, GA for my bachelorette party.

The weekend started on Thursday afternoon. We were all coming from different places, so I rode with Sarah, Dara and Stephanie (maid of honor and two of my bridesmaids). Thank goodness Sarah bought us a selfie stick!

We arrived at our house around 7:00 and spent a good amount of time running around screaming because the house was SO BEAUTIFUL. Also we decided to test out the selfie stick in various areas throughout the house…

We took a cab down to River St. to grab some drinks and dinner before the rest of the girls got there. When everyone was finally at the house we made some drinks, stayed up late catching up on life, played games, and laughed way too hard.

On Saturday morning we headed over to B. Matthews for breakfast. They had the greatest bloody marys and mimosas! After breakfast we walked down to River Street again to see the sights and immediately got pulled into Wet Willies. They have tons of frozen slushie drinks to choose from. There was no way I could make a decision so I just told the bartender to make his favorite – orange dreamsicle. It was sooooo good and our drinks were so pretty!

We spent the rest of the day walking around Savannah, stumbling in and out of bars and shops to refill our drinks and escape the heat. We were all sweaty messes… the humidity and heat in Savannah is no joke!

IMG_0042 (1)

We headed back to the house to chill out for a while and get ready for dinner at Treylor Park. We had to wait a while for our table but we didn’t care because we took over the beer garden and became best friends with the bartenders who really enjoyed giving us free drinks.

img_0666

The food here was DELICIOUS. They have a really unique menu and the atmosphere is awesome. If you’re ever in Savannah you should definitely check it out!

After dinner we all went out on the town for a super fun night exploring downtown Savannah. Sarah made these tattoos for us in case any of us got lost…

All of the bars were so unique and the streets were crawling with people. We had a blast!

On Saturday we took a trip to Tybee Island for a beach day and then came back to the house to get ready for dinner at the Olde Pink House. This was probably my favorite place that we went. It is a very old, historic building and the food was delicious. When we were seated, the waiter let us know that Thomas had called and ordered two bottles of champagne for us. I thought that was so sweet!

img_05666

After dinner we headed back to the house for a girls night in. The girls threw me a lingerie shower and then we stayed up late talking. It was such a perfect ending to a perfect weekend!!

As we get older it’s harder and harder to find time to get everyone you love together in one place. There were so many times this weekend where I just had to stop and look around and realize how lucky and blessed I am to have these girls in my life. Every single one of them took time out of their busy lives to come celebrate with me for a whole weekend and it just meant so, so, so much to me.

My maid of honor Sarah did an amazing job booking a great house, planning the weekend and putting all of the little details together that made me feel so special. I can’t wait to repay her when it’s her turn!! She made this little board that everyone signed with quotes and memories for the weekend. It’s definitely something I’ll cherish forever!

FullSizeRender

Did you have a bachelorette party or have you been to one recently? Where to?

This entry was posted in Wedding and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Bachelorette Weekend in Savannah!

1. Ilka says:

I didn’t have a Bachelorette Party and I’ve never been to one. I can see you guys had tons of fun, though! The house in Savannah is just beautiful. Glad you had an awesome weekend!

2. Sounds like you had a blast! Glad you took the weekend off running to enjoy your trip! Nashville is another great place for a Bachelorette Party, plenty of bars and great food. I’ve also been to one at Panama City Beach. That place can get wild, but it’s pretty affordable and you have free entertainment during the day – the beach!

Hope you’re even more excited for the wedding now! Happy for you!

I loooooove Nashville. I went to my sister in law’s bachelorette party there and we had a blast. It’s such a fun city!

3. Looks like such a fun weekend! My bachelorette part was in Ft. Launderdale. I haven’t been to one in a while (I missed my friend’s in May due to my train being cancelled) but one of my good friends is getting married next spring so its almost time to start planning hers!

4. Sounds like you had a blast! So glad you got to spend good quality time with people you love – you’re right, as we get older that rarely happens. I love those nights that are like giant slumber parties!

They are the best! At one point we had 6 or 7 of us piled in one bed just talking away. Such priceless moments!

I love this! That sign is so adorable. Spending a weekend away with the girls is always so fun! I’m glad you were able to celebrate and have such a fabulous time. I’ve heard Savannah is gorgeous! PS totally in love with that white dress…

Leave it to my super creative maid of honor to come up with all the cute details. She did a great job. And thanks! The dress is from Lulus 🙂

6. Looks like you had such a great weekend! Great memories you will cherish!! 🙂 For my bachelorette party, my MOH planned a limo, dinner downtown followed by drinks at various bars and some fun/crazy games a long the way. It was a night to remember and so much fun! I agree, it can be so hard to get everyone together so when you do its even more special!

7. This looks like such a fun weekend! It sounds like you have some awesome friends. I went to Emerald Isle back in April for a bachelorette party and we had a blast! I’m going to Savannah in November and I am so excited, definitely going to check out some of the places you mentioned!

8. This looks like an awesome bachelorette party-the perfect getaway. I feel people go wayyy over the top now days trying to do crazy shenanigans but this would be perfect. In the event I ever get married, I’d want to rent a house somewhere in Colorado probably. All my friends are scattered across the country because the military so it’d be a great way to get people together 🙂

9. This is awesome and you are so lucky! Bachelorette parties should be whatever speed/pace the bride wants it to be, and then one step further–just enough to try something new, ya now? I had a bachelorette dinner with my bridesmaids–that was the only thing we could afford to do, and it was 2 nights before the wedding!

Crunchy panties?!?! LMFAO. Brilliant. I love that you had a weekend like that and that you got to spend it with such great women who love and support you so much. You deserve it, Maddie. You’re one of the greats, and Thomas sounds like a total stud too, with the whole champagne thing. You two are going to be IT. I love all the pics although I’d pay a pretty penny to hear you guys talk with all of your cute accents!

hahahah, you caught that huh? One of my favorite quotes from the weekend…

Thank you for being so sweet. You know I feel the same way about Mr. and Mrs. Slane <3

11. Danielle says:

Looks like you had such a great time! You are glowing!! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Such an exciting time for you!!

Danielle

12. Such a great weekend! You’re so lucky to have so many wonderful girlfriends! When my best friend got married we just did a night out on the town in Missoula two nights before her wedding. It was the easiest to get everyone together (since everyone was in town for the wedding!). It was low key but SO much fun!

13. I am glad you had a great bachelorette party! You certainly lived it up. For the life of me, I can’t think of a single bachelorette party I have been to! My own was sort of small- my best girl friend and best guy friend went out for dinner.

14. I’m so glad you had such a fun weekend and got to spend quality time with all of your girlfriends! Savannah looks so fun! My bachelorette party was at the Champions Club at a Cardinals game (my bridesmaids, MOH, and myself are all St. Louis born and raised) and then more drinks and dessert afterwards.

15. Looks like a really fun weekend! I love love slushy drinks. When I went to Key West we went to Fat Tuesday, a frozen drink bar, multiple times a day.

16. It looks like you had a wonderful time with all of your girlfriends. It’s so true that as we get older and all go our separate ways, it can be very hard to find the time when everyone is available for a get-together. What a special weekend that must have been for you. I was reminded of my bachelorette party and all the fun I had with my friends. You will never forget those amazing memories!!!

What an incredible weekend! Everything looked truly amazing – from the house you stayed in, to the drinks you got to try (those slushies look awesome!) and the dinner and drinks where you made friends with the bartender. Such an exciting time!

It looks and sounds like an awesome weekend! Those slushies look very yummy. 🙂

19. It looks like an amazing weekend! It is so great that all of you were able to get together to celebrate!!

So much fun! What a wonderful celebration. That tattoos are the cutest idea 😉

21. It looks you like had an amazing time at your bachelorette party!! Glad you got to enjoy such a great time. We celebrated my best friends Jack and Jill party this past weekend too. Great weekend for bachelorettes!!

22. Kristina says:

You look so gorgeous and happy in all of the pics! How exciting that you’ve officially had your bachelorette party now. This means you’re one big step closer to the wedding!!!

I love that you put marathon training on the backburner to really soak in and enjoy this special weekend. This was a once in a time deal but you’ll run MANY MANY MANY marathons… like hundreds or thousands of them! 🙂

23. Ah so much fun!!! My bachelorette party was exactly a year from this upcoming weekend- I’d say one of the best weekends of my life 🙂

24. Hollie says:

It sounds like such a fun weekend. I’m glad you had a great time. This reminds me that eventually I need to get my wedding posts up LOL…