Lavender Margs, Lettuce Wraps, and Hot Chocolate

Interesting title, right? Read on…

Wednesday was a rest day and I met up with two of my best girlfriends for some delicious food and this heavenly lavender margarita at The Porch in Winston-Salem. Yes, I said lavender margarita. It was absolutely ridiculous that it was $8 and in a teeny tiny mason jar, but it was good.

IMG_0345.2015-07-08_212651

Now that we are getting older our “girls nights” are happening less and less often, especially since we all live in different towns. We got to the restaurant at 5:15 and all of a sudden we realized it was 8:30… we had a lot to talk about. It was so nice to not worry about running for a night and just be able to enjoy some quality time with some amazing friends.

Thursday I got home from work and took Dixie out for her daily walk. It’s entirely too hot to try to take her for a run, so we are sticking to shorter walks instead. As much as I want to run with her, I know it’s not safe for her to run in 95 degree heat, and we all know I’m not a morning runner. After our walk she laid on our bed right in front of the fan like the little princess she is. She loves a cool breeze in her hair after a workout. I love when her cute little spotted tongue is hanging out.

IMG_0362.2015-07-09_221843

I headed over to the gym for my run on the treadmill. I did 4 slooooow recovery miles at 8:50 pace while I got caught up on Orange is the New Black. My legs felt heavy and slow, but the scandalous happenings on Netflix successfully distracted me for 35 minutes.

Dinner was one of my favorite (super easy) recipes – Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I was really proud of myself for eating dinner by 8 pm tonight.

IMG_0363.2015-07-09_235722

Even though it’s been 95 degrees every day here, I still like to drink hot chocolate at night. It’s either hot chocolate or wine, and tonight I really wanted hot chocolate. How cute is this mug my aunt got me at my bridal shower?

IMG_0364.2015-07-10_011003

It is actually a set of two. The other one says “Advice for the groom” and the front is the same. Basically, I should make myself happy and then Thomas should make me happy and then we will live happily ever after Winking smile

Speaking of being happy…. HAPPY FRIDAY! I’m excited for my second dress fitting today and then a weekend full of absolutely no plans.

What time do you usually eat dinner? Do you eat in front of the TV like us or at the table like normal civilized people?

Anyone else drink hot chocolate in the summer?

Do you have a “no plan” weekend coming up?

26 Responses to Lavender Margs, Lettuce Wraps, and Hot Chocolate

1. I love those mugs! I definitely remember sometime telling Rob “happy wife, happy life” before we got married. Good advice to remember:)

2. My husband says we eat with the senior citizens…5pm. If it’s just the two of us, we eat at the kitchen table. If we have company, we’ll eat at the dining room table.
    I’ve been drinking hot chocolate before bed lately! It helps my sweet tooth.
    We don’t have any big plans…I’m pacing a long run for a training group. 🙂

It helps my sweet tooth too! I get the sugar free kind so I don’t feel guilty about drinking it every night. Good luck with your long run!

3. Alex and I are grandma status. We eat anywhere between 5 and 7. If it is going to be after 7, I usually eat before him! We both go to bed early/wake up early, and I get hangry/runger, so it’s the only solution. We eat at a table, but our table is in front of our tv in our apartment, so quasi civilized?

I love her spotted tongue! Nice job getting that run done. So exciting about the dress fitting!!! And we always eat at our big huge long dining table just because there are so many kids that if we let them eat wherever then there would be food all over the house. When the kids go to bed, though, Andrew and I will eat on the couch in front of the TV. I have a pretty low-key weekend, just getting ready to race that half on Sunday.

AHHHH I forgot that was this weekend! I think I’m more excited about it than you are…. I can’t wait to see how amazing you do 🙂

5. Have fun at your fitting! That’s exciting!

Uuugghhh I’m jealous of your no-plan weekend. Those are my favorite. I wish I had one but we are going on a trip to Chicago to see some family. Yes, I’m such a homebody that I actually feel slightly stressed about going on fun trips. Typical me!

I’ll probably get kicked out of the 20 something females club for this, but I just do not like margaritas. Must be the tequila taste or something.

I actually hate traditional lime margaritas, so don’t feel bad! I don’t mind the flavored ones, but I can’t drink a lot of them if they are too sweet. The lavender was just too unique to pass up!

Love the cup. I make dinner at 630 and like to eat while I watch Jeopardy like a geriatric. And this weekend is no plans for me too! Will is away with friends so I’m excited to actually spend some quality time at the beach and get some reading done/catch up with life/maybe write a blog post ahead of time/meal prep. Big goals. Haha. Hope you have a fabulously relaxing weekend!!

It’s so nice to have time to get caught up on all that stuff! I hope to be as productive as you are this weekend!!

7. My husband and I usually eat dinner between 5:30 and 6PM. There are some nights I insist we sit at the table like “normal” people but definitely have nights where we sit in front of the TV so you’re not alone!
    I tend to drink chocolate milk more in the summer but love hot chocolate too!
    I have my sister’s bachelorette party tomorrow so looking forward to that!
    Have a great weekend!

Sounds like a super yummy margarita! And for $8… here, that’s not a bad price… but everywhere I go is around NYC pricing :/

Like you, I eat dinner late – usually around 8-9 pm. It’s mostly because I run in the evenings too and so I can’t have dinner before I run of course! Besides, if I ate at 5 or 6, I’d probably be hungry again right before bed LOL

Have a great, relaxing weekend!

9. Lavender margarita sounds so good! I usually only like the traditional lime ones, but lavender is my favorite flower.
    Ryan and I eat dinner usually between 7-8pm. We usually eat outside on our little patio table or some nights we eat on our sofa.
    Have fun at your fitting and enjoy your relaxing weekend!

10. a lavendar margarita sounds fantastic!! i’ve been digging the fruity alcoholic beverages lately. and sadly it’s not even summer feeling here–still only in the 70s! Going to be a rude awakening when I move to MS in August.

This weekend I am doing nothing too and I couldn’t be more excited. Things are about to get really hectic the last weeks of july so I’ll enjoy it while I can 🙂

11. GiGi Eats says:

LOVE eating dinner in front of the TV and just RELAXING and forgetting about reality for a good hour! It’s the best part of the day sometimes 😉

As for a “no plans” weekend…. Hmmm not sure that’s ever possible for me. If I “don’t have plans” I tend to have last minute plans happen… And I am not sure what I like better – ha!

12. Molly says:

Hi! Found your blog through a comment on someone else’s. Cannot wait to read more! The chicken wraps, the marg, the hot chocolate….I don’t know what I like more. Have the best weekend with no plans :):) Those are the best.

13. Hot chocolate?! Hmm…I’ll admit I did take my (hot) coffee cup to the pool this morning to lay out…and I like a cup of hot tea before bed, so I guess you’re not too weird. 😉

I actually have a wedding to attend tonight! Have fun with your fitting!

14. Adam and I are all about eating in front of the TV. If we had kids we might sit at the table, but as it is the only *person* who ever sits at the table is Cecil (and really he sits ON the table).

I hope you had an awesome time at your fitting – getting to try on your dress again and bask in the glow of being a beautiful bride to be!!!!

15. I don’t drink a lot of hot chocolate but I still drink hot coffee daily. I can so relate to not being a morning runner. I thought I would transition but I can’t. I do try to get my long runs started by 9 or 10 am, but let’s face it, it’s already hot by then.
    2ND fitting! So exciting! When is the wedding? I’m so excited for that phase of planning!

16. This has definitely been a no plan weekend for my husband and I. We have slept in, worked on the nursery, ran errands, and lounged. It feels so nice to take it easy for a weekend.

We usually eat dinner around 7 in the summer and 6 in the winter. I’m not sure why that changes, probably because we stay awake longer during the summer when it is lighter later. We always eat in front of the TV and catch up on our favorite shows.

That lavender margarita sounds delish. Of course right now a margarita period sounds delish! ☺

17. Chels says:

OK I totally know what I’m making for dinner tonight now…lettuce wraps…YUM!!

18. Pingback: TGIFriday Faves. | thedancingrunner