The Best Day Ever

I really don’t know if it’s going to be possible to express all of my emotions in this post, because the past 10 days have been the absolute best 10 days of my whole life. Except for yesterday when I had to go back to work, but we won’t count that.

I’m a married lady! Thomas and I were married on Sunday, September 6th in Winston-Salem, NC and it was just perfect. I’ll do a full detailed recap when I get all of my pictures back, but here are a few highlights.

01c0663d9542c2fdf78870673f39fe141a23940e92

015ca72527f54052d85fe7bdcdc706257eb43e56e9

Conrad Louis-Charles Photography

01c75c9b87eff7ee3f0f252a58b655ab1d22cc2e03

01e14a2381fd5f27fa698f452ff705e5daa18daab3

The tiniest, sweetest little ring bearer!

016438eb654dde3384b30bb45e0a3e90f1039c3f34

It felt like the entire day happened in 5 minutes. I cried A LOT of happy tears and we drank and ate and danced like crazy. I have a million pictures from the weekend, but here is one really special one from Saturday night. This is my mom’s wedding dress transformed that I wore to my rehearsal!

01cc16c496e384805e92befccf3d303aeed4b22f5e

On Monday morning we were off to Mexico for our honeymoon! We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya. I’ll do a more detailed post about the whole week tomorrow, but I wanted to share a few pics and some exciting news.

My birthday was on the 10th, and I decided to attempt a run as a birthday present to myself. As most of you know I’ve been dealing with IT band syndrome for about 5 weeks now. Well, I got through 3 miles completely pain free. I was so happy I could cry. My longest run before that was about 1.5 miles and would end in pain. Since then I’ve gotten in a few more 3 milers and will be slowly adding more mileage as I ease back into training. Here are a few honeymoon highlights!

12003216_10205317922773019_1466552338744965227_n

12004041_10205318169099177_1368423918021548784_n

Sailing excursion for my birthday where we swam with the sea turtles!

12038086_10205318627430635_287909003768083663_n

12002163_10205318655191329_5302408831978811018_n

Many more to come! Please be patient with me as I get caught up on all of your lives!! I feel like I’ve missed so much in just one week!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to The Best Day Ever

1. Taylor says:

Congrats on your big day! You look absolutely stunning! I can from the photos just how happy you two are and I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!
    Happy Belated Birthday and Congrats on getting up to 3 miles! Yay!

2. Amy Lauren says:

Congratulations on your big day :). Your dress is gorgeous and it looks like your whole wedding was beautiful and you had a great honeymoon too. You look truly happy and that’s a good thing. Hopefully the rest helped too and you can get back to training, I’m glad you’re already up to 3 miles again!

I was JUST THINKING about you this morning – I was wondering how your wedding was and I was looking forward to a post about it! What a stunning bride – absolutely gorgeous! I love how you wore your mom’s dress to the rehearsal and modified it. That is so special. Looks like you had a blast on your honeymoon, too. Congrats, lady!

4. Exquisite. That is all there is to say. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS

Absolutely stunning bride!! I’m totally going to be living vicariously through your honeymoon pictures. 🙂

6. Congrats!! You look so beautiful and I’m so glad your special day was everything you dreamed of. Your honeymoon sounds like it was HEAVEN! Welcome to married life 🙂

7. Congratulations, and WOW you look gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more pictures. I especially love how your mom’s dress was transformed. That’s really cute..and the old one is so typical from that time period. Hilarious!

8. You are an absolutely stunning bride! Congratulations! It looks like you had a fabulous wedding and honeymoon! I think its so cool that you had your mom’s wedding dress made into your rehearsal dress! Such great memories all around 🙂

I’m so glad you were able to run. I’ve been wondering how your IT band has been doing! I love all your wedding photos. You guys are so special, and I’m so happy for you I could cry! Congratulations, and happy birthday, and everything. <3

10. heather says:

I love the dress you made with your mom’s wedding dress, so pretty. Your wedding looked amazing. I am so happy for you. Have a great day
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

11. You and your HUSBAND (bet you just love the sound of that) are the cutest!!! Congratulations on an absolutely amazing wedding and honeymoon. Can’t wait to hear more about each of these events. I love that you were able to turn your mom’s wedding dress into something current and beautiful. That white dress is definitely a keeper! You look stunning in every photo. So happy for you, Maddie!

12. Congratulations! You look beautiful and it looks like everything was perfect!

13. CONGRATS! You look absolutely beautiful and your dress is stunning. I love what you did to your mom’s dress for your rehearsal! What a great idea! And happy running!So glad to hear you’re back at it! What a wonderful week it was!

14. You look stunning! I love the idea of transforming your mom’s dress for the rehearsal. Yay for a longer run! Can’t wait to see more Mexico pics

15. Ahhh! I’m not sure what I’m most excited about!! The wedding! The dress! The rehearsal dress! The PAIN FREE running!

Oh, it’s all just sooo exciting! Congrats girl! 🙂

16. Your dress is so beautiful!! I’ve been looking at dresses with straps as well, my first trip is this weekend!! It’s so exciting to see your pictures and it looks like the wedding day was fabulous!! Congrats!!

17. Congrats on your wedding! You and Thomas look so happy! You look absolutely stunning – I love your dress, especially the train. It sounds like you had a fantastic honeymoon – and congrats on getting 3 miles in. Yay for your IT band healing! Enjoy your first year of marriage – it’s wonderful but goes by so fast!

18. steph says:

So beautiful…excited to see the rest! I love that cake topper 🙂

Congrats!

19. Ashley says:

Congratulations on your big day! You looked gorgeous, love your dress! 🙂

20. Kristina says:

CONGRATS to you and your husband! You looked stunning in your wedding dress. I bet Thomas had to pinch himself when he saw you walking down the aisle towards him!

21. Mazel tov! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Congratulations!! You looked beautiful. I was waiting and waiting for this. I’m so glad you had a great day and a great honeymoon.

23. Wow, gorgeous! I love how you transformed your moms wedding dress into a rehearsal dinner dress too. Oh, and you look like Carrie Underwood in that first photo!

24. Congrats! I agree, it’s so hard to put your wedding day in words. You were a gorgeous bride!!!

25. Congratulations, Maddie! You looked absolutely stunning and so, so happy. I’m glad it was the perfect day for you! Also congrats on getting back to running pain-free! I’m in the same spot and it feels so good 🙂

Congratulations!! Gorgeous photos!