The Late Weekly Recap and the Run I Needed

I always intend to post my weekly recaps on Monday morning, but then your photographer sends your wedding pictures late Sunday night and you get distracted and then you stay up way too late watching football because you may or may not have a sports gambling problem (just kidding…. maybe) and then all of a sudden it’s morning and you can’t get out of bed and then it just gets delayed until Tuesday. I stayed up way too late again last night too… thanks Steelers.

So, last week. Here is the run down:

Monday: 6 miles, 8:55 pace
Tuesday: 3 miles, 9:00 pace
Wednesday: 5 miles, 9:00 pace
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 14 miles, 9:00 pace
Sunday: Rest
Total: 28 miles

I decided to take two days of rest before my long run just to be on the safe side. I think it helped, especially since I ended up running it way faster than I intended, but the weather was perfect and I was feeling good so I just went for it. No IT band pain!!!!

I was so excited about this. The last time I ran 14 miles was back in May, right before my first half marathon. This run made me feel like Richmond is still a real possibility, as long as I stay focused and get in a 20 miler in the next 3 weeks.

Post long run necessities:

Let me just tell you about my flavor choices because I know you’re dying to know. Carrot Cake, Vanilla Bean Latte, Pumpkin, and Butter Pecan. I tried them all and they were all amazing. After picking up our Saturday essentials, Thomas and I spent the day at my parent’s house hanging out with my sweet nephew.

We have a lot in common. I always finish my meals like this…

I was exhausted all day and this little man wore me out even more than my run did. I was really jealous of his bedtime.

I think I went to bed at 9:30 Saturday night. The exciting life of marathon training.

So, what’s the plan going forward? Well, I am running the Bull City Race Fest half marathon this Sunday. I’m not tapering or anything like that, just using it as a training run. Including this weekend I have four more opportunities for long runs. They aren’t a possibility for me during the week because I don’t have time with work, so I have to make time for them on the weekend. I’m going to shoot for a 20 miler on Halloween and then if that goes well, I will run Richmond on November 14th.

Congrats to everyone who ran Chicago or another race this past weekend!!! I was stalking you guys and searching race results all weekend! I’m still getting caught up on reading everyone’s posts from yesterday.

Do you have nieces or nephews? (Aren’t they the best!?)

Who has have a race coming up?

If you ran Chicago or another race this past weekend, how did you do?

24 Responses to The Late Weekly Recap and the Run I Needed

1. Love to hear that you are running better! And of course, love hearing about your everyday life as well. That kiddo is adorable! Read for yourself how Chicago went! (up on the blog today!)

2. Michelle says:

Glad your ITB is better!!! I posted the recap of my race from this past weekend, just yesterday. Your nephew is adorable!

3. Great week of running and so glad your long run went so well! Sounds like you have a good plan for some more long training runs and hope it all works our for you to still run the marathon in November!

So happy your long run went well! I am crossing all my fingers and toes for Richmond! Less than 3 weeks to NYCM! When did that happen…. And also, cannot believe the Steelers. I’m a Giants fan so I feel your stress this weekend…

AHH NYC is so close!! I had picked the Giants in my NFL survivor pool so I was going crazy Sunday night. At least there were two really good prime time games!

5. That trail is beautiful! I’m glad your long run went so well – it looks like you’re on good course to still run Richmond!

This post makes me SO HAPPY. You’re going to do this thing! So exciting. Cool about your half this Sunday. It will give you even more confidence for the 20 miler! I’m doing a 10k race on Sunday, but I’d way rather be running the longer races. 10k races KILL me.

7. Ruby Redbird is the best ever. It’s my favorite summer time beer! I ran an 11 mile trail race this weekend with 1600 ft of elevation gain! It was brutal, but I managed to pull an AG win, so that’s fun! So glad to hear your IT band is doing so much better!

I got it on sale – two 12 packs for $9.99! Couldn’t pass it up. And oh my… that elevation. I don’t know how you do it, but that’s so awesome that you won your age group!

8. Yum! Those cupcakes look amazing! I am running the Biggest Loser half marathon in Eau Claire, WI this weekend. Struggled with some injuries in the early part of my training but seem to be doing ok now! Glad you are feeling better – IT band pain is not fun.

9. Yay for no pain during running!

10. heather says:

You are a great aunt!!! I do have a neice and a nephew but they live in PA and I don’t get to see them as much as I would like. So happy to know that you are feeling better about your running.
    bakingrunner.blogspot.com

I’m so glad that you are feeling better! IT Band pain is the worst. Good long runs are always a great confidence booster. Good luck heading into this week!

12. Congrats on getting in that long run with no pain! I’m crossing my fingers that you continue to feel good!

13. Sarah says:

Hurray for no IT band pain! I’m trying to nurse an injury back to recovery too.. Patience is the hardest sometimes!

I do have two little nephews and love them to peices!

Great week of running! Those cupcakes look amazing, I almost drooled on the keyboard. Not really but yum. I’m happy to hear your IT band is feeling better!

15. Awesome week of running. No ITB pain yayy!!! Mine actually started acting up on me the last week or so. I’m praying it lasts through my half on Saturday!
    I don’t have any nieces or nephews, but I have two cousins who were born when I was in high school so I almost feel like an aunt. They are my absolute favorites and the only real reason I ever go home.

16. Yay! I’m so glad you’re recovery from your injury and were able to get your long run in, Maddie! That’s awesome!

I have 3 nephews and one niece – they’re awesome!

So glad to hear about your good long run! Those cupcakes look delicious and I want all of them now!!! I think your plan sounds really good and I hope your IT band holds up nicely 🙂
    I ran Steamtown Marathon this weekend and it was fantastic! But the downhill running definitely was a challenge!

18. Fiona says:

Great long run! It must be a great relief to be recovered from your injury and to be able to do 14 miles without any pain or issues. Those cupcakes look every kind of delicious too… hope you enjoyed!

19. Yay for running with no IT Band pain. Hopefully your half marathon this weekend will be a good indicator of how your body is healing and how it will handle a marathon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. No race coming up for me, but I’m excited to get one on my schedule.

Those cupcakes look delish!! Cupcakes and beer – you just can’t go wrong, right?